Monkeyink
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Android and the future of feature phones

2 participants
AuteurMessage
tammy
je suis tout neuf
je suis tout neuf

Masculin

Android and the future of feature phones Empty
MessageSujet: Android and the future of feature phones   Android and the future of feature phones Icon_minitimeJeu 17 Mar - 7:12

When the LG Optimus T and Optimus S phones were announced last year, I genuinely felt for the first time that feature phones were a dying breed. Both of these Optimus handsets were branded as entry-level smartphones, but had very impressive features--they shipped with Android 2.2 Froyo (the latest OS update at the time), had portable Wi-Fi hot spots, and of course the usual Android features like robust e-mail and Google app support.

Sure they weren't as advanced as their higher-end cousins--no Flash support, no HD video, and so on--but for $30 or less, these phones were an absolute steal. Considering that some feature phones are selling for more than twice that price for far fewer features, it seemed that smartphones were finally affordable enough that everyone could get one. Furthermore, the Android interface is not that difficult to navigate, making the usability factor almost a non-issue.

But there are two important barriers to entry when it comes to smartphone adoption: data plans and contracts. Almost every carrier requires some kind of data plan to go along with its smartphones, while feature phones tend to escape such confines. Also, smartphone contracts tend to be more expensive to get out of, with early termination fees in the $200-$300 range depending on how early on you want to exit the contract. Because of these restrictions, feature phones still continue to be popular with the mainstream despite the smartphone craze that tends to dominate the tech news circuit.

Which is why the Motorola i886 is such an interesting handset. The i886 is billed as a feature phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, but when we first took a look at the i886's interface, we were amazed at how Android-like it was. Everything from the customizable home screens to the main menu has the typical Android interface.

Foreclosed homes in San Diego CA
Modular trade show displays
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
pn3meow89
j'habite ici
j'habite ici

Féminin

Android and the future of feature phones Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Android and the future of feature phones   Android and the future of feature phones Icon_minitimeMer 4 Mai - 18:56

When the LG Optimus T and Optimus S phones were announced last year, I genuinely felt for the first time that feature phones were a dying breed. Both of these Optimus handsets were branded as entry-level smartphones, but had very impressive features--they shipped with Android 2.2 Froyo (the latest OS update at the time), had portable Wi-Fi hot spots, and of course the usual Android features like robust e-mail and Google app support.

Sure they weren't as advanced as their higher-end cousins--no Flash support, no HD video, and so on--but for $30 or less, these phones were an absolute steal. Considering that some feature phones are selling for more than twice that price for far fewer features, it seemed that smartphones were finally affordable enough that everyone could get one. Furthermore, the Android interface is not that difficult to navigate, making the usability factor almost a non-issue.

hypertension medication
Nannai
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Android and the future of feature phones
Page 1 sur 1